User ID best practices

Hello there,

Just a few questions regarding user ID:

At the moment, I am using Stape’s WP plugin, which pushes user data such customer id into DL for every event WHERE user has already logged in / registered. However, I would like to create / store user_id in a 1p cookie, where I can also use in non-ecommerce events like login etc.

Question1 What are some plugins that could help me generate consistent user_id (ideally hashed email) and save it as 1P cookie?
Usecase=> To pass this to CAPIs

Question2 Can I pass this user_id to stape store so I can retrieve the hashed id later and stitch it with subsequent events WHEN previously identified user comes in after 7 days?
Usecase=> To have complete user journey and give credit to each touchpoint

Thanks!!

Question1 What are some plugins that could help me generate consistent user_id (ideally hashed email) and save it as 1P cookie?

not aware of such particular ones, for user id to actually be persistant it needs to be tied to an account (so that cross-device is also accounted for), that’s why you only normally see it on purchases and/or for logged in users.

Question2 Can I pass this user_id to stape store so I can retrieve the hashed id later and stitch it with subsequent events WHEN previously identified user comes in after 7 days?
Usecase=> To have complete user journey and give credit to each touchpoint

technically yes, of course. but you need a proper and persistent user id as described above