Stape store - two questions / stape store lookup variable

HI,
i have two question about the stape store.

1. There is at the moment no option to delete the complete store, correct?
  2. The 2nd question is about the Stape Store Lookup Variable and the option “store result in cache”

Could you please write how this “store result in cache” works?

For example we have a variable stored named “key” starting from 0 and on every 2nd page view it would increase of 2

When i use the cache option, would the query result always be 0 ?

Pageview 1 - 0
Pageview 2 - 2
Pageview 3 - 2
Pageview 4 - 4
Pageview 5 - 4
Pageview 6 - 6

And do you have any idea why i sometimes getting this error in the console? I have no idea what i could change …

I have another question. How did you manage in your blog entry of cookieless tracking that the firestore write tag fires before the ga4tag that has to read again the values? i am having the problem that the value isnt in firebase already when ga4 tag wants to read (ga session_id and number for example)

Hi @Daniel-NF, thanks for your question!

1. There is at the moment no option to delete the complete store, correct?

Currently, there is no ability to delete all records with one request.

1. The 2nd question is about the Stape Store Lookup Variable and the option “store result in cache”
    Could you please write how this “store result in cache” works?

We are using templateDataStorage as a caching layer.
You can find detailed documentation about this API here.

When i use the cache option, would the query result always be 0 ?>

Yes. The cached value has no expiration time.

1 Like

As I understand, you are trying to write a value to Firestore with the property x-ga-protocol_version. However, this property name doesn’t meet Firestore requirements.
You should normalize your property name before trying to save it to the Firestore; for example, replace all hyphens with underscores.

1 Like

Thank you for your answers, especially the first ones.

The other problem with “x-ga-protocol_version” was away after i started the firestore database again from new. I had no trigger or firebase writer tag with that. I could only see that it had something to do with add all events + merge … I made two seperate firestore writer tags and the problem was solved.

1 Like

HI again,

today i had again the error with the “Error while running Firestore.write: Invalid property path “x-ga-protocol_version”.”

After some investigation i am sure it seems to be an error in the tag template. This error only occurs when you enable “Add event data + Merge Data” (it occurs too when there isnt any data to merge).

When i disallowed the x-ga-protocol_version, the error was away, but then it went on with other x-ga-parameters.

It would be really cool if you could check that. In the mean time i disallowed every x-ga-parameter i could find