Stape Google sheet tag

Hi Here,

I am trying to set up a Google Sheet that adds a new row every time a lead form is submitted on the site. I have followed Stape’s guidance multiple times and read the entire blog, but I am still unable to identify the issue.

The difference between the video and the steps I took is that when I search for “Google Sheets API,” I don’t see that option available even though the API is enabled. Instead, I see the options shown in the attached screenshot (SS1). After reviewing all the other available options, I enabled the one shown in SS2.

That’s the only difference I remember. Now, when I check the tag status in GTM preview mode, it shows a firing status of “failed.”

I don’t see any clear error in the response body either. Please see the attached screenshot to understand what GTM preview shows.

Can anyone please guide?

Hi,
I have just tried to set up necessary scopes and they are available, see the screenshot, try filtering by ‘sheet’ maybe.

Yes, this is correct in my case. After a lot of effort, I realized the mistake was trivial: I had given Editor access to anyone with the link in Gsheet sharing options.

The moment I did this setting it started working for me.

1 Like