Shopify market subdomains

Hey,

Wondering if I the shopify app with handle markets scenario correctly? Recon it should but wanted to double check.

We will have subdomains

nz.domain.com
Au.domain.com /domain.com.au
Us.domain.com
Eu.domain.com
Eu.domain.com
Ca.domain.com

Mapping to track.com

The only one I’m worried about is domain.com.au but wanted to make sure that’s fine (as subdomains I think it would be)

Hey @Chris_Bradley

Our app does not directly interface with Shopify markets functionality. That is to say the following:

• dataLayer will work correctly and will pick-up market currencies/prices/variants etc.
  • you can still only put one subdomain and GTM id for the loader functionality of the app

The latter is only really important if your top level domains differ across the markets (such as your com.au example) or you have multiple web containers, in which case you need to handle loaders manually.

Thanks @Dan

Understood on the custom loader and app position, all makes sense (and is very much on product ecosphere).

I’ll need to do some testing as we have several domains per brand, but we could always (except EU I think) redirect them to their relevant subdomain (which just may be cleaner in the grand scheme of things).

Cheers

1 Like