Purchase only 302 http status code

Hi All,
I facing into a strange and annoying problem. I using sGTM to track my site. If I make a purchase, every event works well, except the purchase. The Ads conv and any other tags which uses the purchase are works well, but the GA has no purchase events. The daily GA->BQ export contains the purchase events, but I cannot see the purchases in the reports.
I can see the incoming request in the sGTM preview, it’s a quite regular request, cannot see any interesing point.

Then the response looks strange:

I’ve got HTTP response and 302 status code instead of the common 204 status code. Is anybody has an idea aboput this issue? Thank you.

It is not about the analytics_storage flag, because every purchaser gave consent to track them. The reports not using thresholding of course.

A response 302 is normal for GA.
Your problem looks strange. Have you tried using a different property? I know that there are rare cases when there can be just such bugs in the GA4 property itself.

Thank you, I will try. I’m going to coming back with the results.

1 Like

Hi Petyabaa,
We’re experiencing similar issues.

The event is collected at all points, except in GA4.
Server side tags returns 302 as well.

Have you had any break-throughs concerning this issue?

thank you

Hi Tiw,
After a huge investigation I’ve found that the issue caused by that I approved the user data collection in GA4. Now the events that contains user data not usually appears in GA4. The biggest pain point is now I cannot turn off the user data collection… This issue looks like a thresholding: if I change the reporting identity to device based the hidden purchase events will show up, but the reporting will not use the user ids. I not sure that is a bug or an indistinctive feature, but I don’t like it. If you use user ids and user data as well, you could change your reporting identity to device based and the affected events will appear.

1 Like