What are those events that are sent as soon as you setup the GTM server container in GTM itself but without updating transport urls, website scripts etc.?
I set up stape for one of my clients but just made the first step of connecting stape with a subdomain and a server GTM container and events are already recorded in stape (about 1% per day of the 10.000 free events).
If you used the custom loader, then those events are:
- initial container download
- donwload of analytics.js
- donwload of gtag.js
I just had a look, I didn’t set the custom loader - just connected subdomain with stape and connected the server GTM (“manual”) hash to stape.
- There is a web GTM container running on the same tag manager account - but it’s not connected with the server container.
- Only the default UA and GA4 clients are installed in the server container (they are preinstalled nowadays).
- The transport URL isn’t connected in the server container settings.
- The gtm script on the website isn’t changed for the SST transport url.
Hi Olaf, please send me the website URL and I will check.