Leadfeeder IP-Enrich Variable

Hello,

Can we have some more detailed explanations for this, please?

What I did.

Webside
Created an account on LeadFeeder/Dealfront and instaled a cHTML as they ask when you create an account.
Created an API Key.

Server Side
Downloaded the variable template, added API key.

So, should I check

• Store response in cache
  • Extract key from data

and should add some IP?
What exactly means “request originatator”?

I know that there are some tooltips there, but it’s still unclear (at least) for me.

Thanks!

Hey Alin,

What’s your use-case in particular? Would be easier to help you that way :slight_smile:

High level there are two scenarios: you either just use this ‘enriched’ data on the server, or you return that information back to browser session.

Hey, Dan,

The tool looks very promising :slight_smile: and I just wanted to give a try.
So, should I stay only with the server template variable?

But I noticed that when I created an account on LeadFeeder I had to add that cHTML tag in web browser in order to validate the account. So I am not sure if I have to use both, web and server.

So, the respond to your question, there is no particular case, I just want to test this tool to see if can help my business.
From my understanding, it helps me to see what other businesses are browsing my website, right?

Thanks,
Alin

Hey Alin,

1. the HTML work like this: it just tracking in the background, the in LeedFeeder admin you see the list and results

2. You can kind of do the same with that variable you’re asking about, but that only makes sense if you want to use that data in any of your tags (server-side or not - doesn’t matter), meaning populate some of your hits (to let’s say Facebook) with the data provided by LeedFeeder.

So bottom line question is, do you want to use LF data in any of your reporting, if the answer is yes, then the second question is: on the server only or web as well (difference is in amount of effort required).

Ok, then let’s complicate things a little bit.
I will choose only server since I don’t want to add some load time for tags in web.

It would be possible to use only that server variable, but without sending data to FB?
I just want to send to a Google Spreadsheet, let’s say.
And take a look there, from time to time, to see what businesses browsed my website.

But, again, maybe I am wrong and I didn’t understand correctly how this tool works.

FB was an example. You can use that variable in any tag (including your reporting to Google sheet), just reference it in the tag as a normal variable and you’re good.

Thanks, @Dan !

I will give a try with SS variable.
But regarding those checkboxes, should I check them?

1. 99% yes, the idea is it should avoid redundant calls (since it’s a variable it would try to resolve on every single event), by storing a response in template storage
  2. depends, this will reference a particular key in the response and only return that so if LF returns a nested object, you can use dot notation to reach a particular piece of it