Google Tag Manager Server-Side & Microsoft Advertising Universal Event Tracking

Dear Stape Team,

Do you maybe know how can one implement server-side Microsoft Advertising Universal Event Tracking using Stape and Google Tag Manager?

Microsoft Advertising Universal Event Tracking tag type, which is otherwise available in non-server-side Google Tag Manager containers (see screenshot below) is missing from server-side Google Tag Manager Containers. Do you maybe know for a solution?

Thanks, Alex

bing

Unfortunately, server-tracking for Advertising Universal is not possible until Microsoft does not support server-to-server tracking.

In our blog post, you can find the find list of platforms that currently support s2s tracking.

What determines if a platform supports Server Side Tracking or not? I’m not talking about what templates exists at the moment, can’t we agree to that one can always opt to try to make their own template for a platform not on the list?

To check if the platform support server-side tracking, you need to check their documentation in terms if they provide such API or write to their support.

I stumpled upon this articles of yours Google Tag Manager Server-Side Tracking - Stape where you state that

At the same time, you can move Facebook, Universal analytics, GA4, Snapchat, Bing, Reddit, Pinterest, Yandex, Klaviyo (and some other email platforms) to a server-side tagging.

where you explicitly mention Bing. So, how do we move Bing to server-side tagging?

Bing Ads server to server tracking - AnyTrack Documentation seems to have overcome the issue with Bing

Bing Postback URL

Bing does not provide a postback URL.

Instead, they provide a javascript pixel that marketers add to the website. To get over this challenge, AnyTrack has fully integrated the Bing Tracking Methodologies so you can send conversions from any affiliate network, CRM, API or website to Bing.

Hi,

This is quite interesting and we have to look into this for sure, however you should keep in mind that is by far not an official solution, and from the looks of it seems to be proprietary to AnyTrack:

Instead, they provide a javascript pixel that marketers add to the website. To get over this challenge, AnyTrack has fully integrated the Bing Tracking Methodologies

I have some healthy doubts as to how good this “full integration” actually works - need to test it first.
If you end up giving it a shot, I would highly appreciate some feedback.

Meanwhile, there is no API listed by Microsoft for conversion reporting, they offer the standard UET tag approach, which, as you said, you could do on web-container already.