FB CAPIG - Browser Event ID doesn't match with server Event ID

I have been chosen to tray option with Facebook Conversion API Gateway + Stape server. It’s so easy to implement and I’m loving it. However, I noticed that the event id doesn’t match and there is no deduplication when I test events.

Does anyone have similar errors?

Also, there are very strange Event ID name like “ob3_plugin-set_b084b945c0a698add81bd31a0feaded5b0f7b8993d7ae91851815181f111bbe8” is this ok?

That’s an uncommon error. Look like some other plugin/platform sending CAPI events besides FB CAPI GW.
Are you sure you do not use any other service/plugin that can send CAPI events?
What CMS do you use?

I’m also getting this error on all the accounts I’ve set up CAPI with. I’m on WordPress and only use Google Tag Manager to send CAPI events & browser/client side events. Any idea what could be causing the issue?

This topic is about FB CAPI Gateway.

If you use sGTM for sending CAPI events and have an issue with fbp then you should check the logs. Inside logs, you will see fbp values and will be able to understand what goes wrong.

I’m guessing the event_id=ob3_plugin-set… is from the GTM template. Are you using the GTM FB template by Simo Ahava?

I am also having this pixel code error and using that template. Where can I find how to remove this extra event from my pixel? currently using GTM server container with FB CAPI both through stape.
Pixelbug

I’m having the same issue - we migrated from Woocommerce to Shopify recently and seeing duplication in our pixel events with the “ob3_plugin-set” event ID seeming to be part of the issue.

Let me know if you’ve had any luck fixing! Can’t see this in our GTM

@Christian_Slightwrks @Drooly23

In Christian’s case screenshot is showing Automatically Collected Microdata event - that thing is done by the Pixel itself, you can read-up here: Microdata Tags - Catalogue - Documentation - Meta for Developers

you can disable it by setting autoConfig to false in your Pixel code:

fbq(‘set’, ‘autoConfig’, false, pixelId);

or if you’re using Simo’s web template go to More Settings and check the ‘Disable Automatic Configuration’ box

Hope this helps. Cheers