FB CAPI - all server events deduplicated/dropped

Hi all, hope everyone’s good!

Something strange is happening with my CAPI setup. I thought it was operating fine, with the Stape server-side CAPI tag template. Server/Browser events were deduplicating in the Facebook Events Manager Testing tool, I had the unique event_id, my custom events/parameters were appearing in both server and browser events.

I decided to pause my pixel event just to check that the Server events were running correctly on their own. But found that the Server event would deduplicate/drop, even if it was the only event firing with no possibility of it having a duplicate.

The next strange observation, was that I change ONLY THE EVENT NAME, tried again, and that server event would fire and process just fine. However I would then make some other changes, change the name, or unpause the pixel event, and the problem would re-occur.

Has anyone experienced this also & can share any tips?

Best

Richard

From time to time, we see unexpected behavior of FB pixel.
Even only with web one.
Usually creating brand new pixels helps to solve issues. And that’s what FB reps usually recommend doing.

Hey Richard,

There are indications that FB had or still has temp. problems on their side with deduplication, we are seeing weird behaviour across different customers, both in test and live events.

Check this:

1 Like

Thanks for your guidance Dan much appreciated.

I think I may have resolved my issue, by flushing my hosting cache and browser cookies. I am now testing my live site with browser events paused, and only server events live (since yesterday evening), and the server events appear to be registering correctly in Facebook Events Manager. I will continue testing in this way a few more days just to be sure!

Best

Richard

Hey Richard,

Just checking how did your experiments go? Curious to know.

Thanks!

Hi Dan, yes I found clearing my cookies/browsing history fixed it. For reassurance I published only the Server side event tags for a week check I was seeing consistent server-only events coming through in the reporting, I ,was comfortable with what I saw.

Cheers,

Richard