Error NS_BINDING_ABORTED, events are not send

Hello. Please help me understand.
I send events with data-tag and data-client via POST requests. But for some reason I get NS_BINDING_ABORTED error and the event is not sent.
This is happening in mozilla 90.0 (64 bit) for PC.
Is there any way to solve this ?
For example, see in this video

But when I remove the redirect after purchase, it works for firefox.

It is not detected in chrome.
Thanks in advance.

That’s happening in cases when the request has not finished running, but you changed the current URL. In this case request to GTM SS was aborted and that’s why you didn’t get it.
This also happens in other browsers. Chrome uses the same approach.

To fix this for sure, send purchase event from thank you page, but you need, in this case, user data parameters there. Another option that you can use is delaying somehow redirecting to thank you page, but in this case, the request still cannot be finished.

1 Like

Thank you @Denis
Yes, exactly, tested the variant without redirection, in this case the event is sent, no error.
So for a “purchase” event, the ideal option is to give up redirection ?

I thinks this is the easiest option.

ok, thank you @Denis for your time

1 Like

Hello!

I have the same issue. It happens when users submit the registration form and then redirect to thank you page happens.
What is really strange is that all works correct when I send this request directly to google analytics servers. But when I use my first party server (where the gtm s2s deployed) - the issue occurs.

Is there any other way to solve an issue (delaying redirect is not possible in my case)?

If events are sent to sGTM via GA4 tag it sends them as normal XHR requests.
If GA4 tags are sent to GA4 directly (without sGTM) events are sent as beacon requests.

XHR is required for SGTM to work correctly with any tag that still relies on the redirect chain or on the 3p cookies.

Because the beacon type of request does not stop processing after you change the page location you do not have this error.

We recommend updating the tagging so the event fires earlier or on the next page.
At this moment there are no other solutions.