Blocked by Ublock: SameSite atribute and Cross-Origin Request Blocked

When inspecting in Firefox after a full and working setup of serverside GA4 and GTM according your guides I test it with Ublock on in Firefox and I get the following erros in the Network panel:

1. Some cookies are missing the recommended “SameSite“ attribute (the listed cookies are all ga cookies)
  2. Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at followed by an endpoint with my custom gtm.domain subdomain and folder /g/collect? and a lot of parameters.

I’m realy a newbee into this and I’m not realy sure where to look next.

Kind regards,

Sjoerd

For item 1 - unless you changes something, that’s a default behaviour of GA4, so I wouldn’t dwell on it much

For item 2 - need a URL where we can check this, you can DM me if you don’t want to expose it

Thanks for the reply Dan! So the issue is on https://www.5broden2vissencatering.nl/ in Firefox with the extention (addblocker) UBlock Origin ON. Without the add blocker I only get the: “Some cookies are misusing the recommended “SameSite“ attribute” error.

@Sjoerd I don’t think that’s CORS related as your original message suggests, it looks like UBlock is recognising the /collect pattern (GA4 hits) and blocks based on that, when I try to send the same hit with a different pattern - everything goes through.

No remedy for this presently (this GA4 specifically, you can see that gtm is still loaded) although we may yet come up with something

1 Like