Alternative way to check same origin domain configuration!

Hi there, I have just finished mapping a custom domain for the sGTM with Stape Global CDN using same origin configuration by following this video from the channel, but because I have an ecommerce store linked to my domain name I get a 404 page when I try to check if the configuration has been setup correctly by visiting: https://mydomain. com/metrics/healthy.

I believe this is normal to happen as no page is hosted on that path. Is there any other way to find out if the configuration is actually working?

Thank you.

correct, there’s no page served on the path, best way would be to send a request that any of your Clients in server container will claim. I’m assuming you have GA4, so just fire a tag with server_container_url parameter being your same origin domain and path

1 Like

Hey Dan, thank you so much for your reply! Yes, I already have a client in my server-side container that can claim GA4 requests from the web container side, and I also have a GA4 tag setup in the web container that has server_container_url parameter being my same origin domain and path.

When I open my GA4 Realtime dashboard I can see movements, but the thing is how do I know if that data actually went through my server-side container to GA servers or it just came directly from the web container to GA servers?

Without being able to use the preview mode in my SSGTM I verify that requests are being claimed by the client.

Without being able to launch sGTM preview - you open Network tab in your browser and filter by that pass of yours, you should find /collect or /ngt (depending on whether you use our custom loader) request. If you do find them - you are sending things through your server container.

Client-side requests would go to google-analytics.com or region1.analytics… (might not be exact ones, but you get the idea)

Hi Dan, can you please precise what do you mean by “pass of yours”?

that is path, not pass - I apologise. So the /path you are sending your requests to.